Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An Appreciation of Family and Friends and New Treatment Ideas

Mark, Jill, Candy, Melissa, Jesse, Jim and Jennalee at the Seattle Symphony for Dad's Birthday

The above photo was taken this last November. The whole family went to the symphony for my dad's 60th birthday. I love this picture. Jim was already diagnosed with the glioblastoma brain tumor, but he was still very strong. My father loves classical music and it was his dream to compose his own music someday. Until that time comes, a  laptop sits next to my father's bed steaming classical music. I like to believe it is healing in ways we cannot see.
Today my mom and my brother will be taking Jim to the Tahoma clinic for some alternative treatment options, perhaps finding a cure or at the very least, buying a little more time.

Again, I wish there was a way that I could express how much your support means to our family during this unreal time. The outpouring of support from friends and family during the past few months has been so inspiring! From the generous donations, the home-cooked dinners, the visits at the hospital and the volunteers who ran errands without asking.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.








No comments:

Post a Comment