Friday, February 5, 2010

Overwhelming Support

Candy and Jim holding up a Hope ornament Christmas 2009

On behalf of my entire family, I want to say THANK YOU!!! Since posting this blog yesterday and reaching out, we have received an overwhelming response of donations already! This is very unfamiliar territory for my family, to ask for help, especially financial help. It's been extremely emotional to say the least.

For everyone who has reached out to volunteer to cook and bake for the upcoming fundraiser, we thank you!
I also want to thank you all for passing this blog to your friends, family and church members, we have received support from some very unexpected places!

When my dad was unresponsive in the hospital last Saturday, two doctors told my mother that my father was in a coma and given a bleak diagnosis. We had a fantastic rally of family and friends continue to pray for my father and send out positive vibes. The following sunday evening my father slowly reached out to my sister Jen and asked "how are you doing?" Tuesday afternoon, my father was delivered home via ambulance and set up at home for home health care. Each day he gets a little bit better. There are some new treatments my family is looking into and we are hopeful.

Thank you all so much for your support!

love,

Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment